Laura is an artist and illustrator living in Maine. Drawn to art and painting in her youth, she rediscovered this talent in her second half of life.
Her detailed paintings capture the vibrance and expression of special moments of the narrative, delighting children as well as their adult readers. She is able and willing to work closely with authors in order to determine how best to depict their creative ideas.
- Initial phone consultation plus occasional “check-in” consultations via email or phone as needed.
- A number of revisions for preliminary sketches and possible minor adaptations to completed illustration, if needed.
- Cover, full page and double spread illustrations; also ¼ page.
- Digital scans of all completed illustrations at 600 dpi in PDF, TIFF or JPG format.
- Timely completion of work per an agreed upon schedule.
“Looking at multiple artists’ artwork, I came across Laura’s page and felt her work to be unique and compelling. I wanted the cover for my book to draw others in and invoke emotion and I felt that her style was exactly that. Working with her was absolutely amazing, she made everything clear and understandable. When the time comes for me to publish again, I will undoubtedly ask for her beautiful talent again for the next cover.”
– S. Arthur Martin, The Worth of Tears